I think I somehow convinced myself there was more time between the end of the summer season and the start of the fall one. Clearly there was not as much time as I thought as the season started tonight and I am in shock! Michelle from Fair Meadow Farm has provided us with a wonderful bounty to enjoy.
This weeks bin includes (comments in brackets are from the farmer):
-Salad green: 3 Mini-Heads of Lettuce-romaine/buttercrunch mix
– Bok Choy: 1 head
– Potatoes: 7 lbs mix of yellow, red and russet types
– Onions: 3 (they were harvested fresh from the field this week, and haven’t been cured….so these are not the onions to tuck into your pantry for later in the winter. Use these guys first!)
– Leeks: 3
-Sweet Peppers: 2
– Rutabaga: 1
– Carrots: 14 (+ some extras)
– Broccoli: 1 large head or 2 to 3 smaller heads bunched
– Cauliflower: 1 head (they’re whoppers this year …. at least someone is really loving all the cool, wet weather!)
– Squash: 1 spaghetti AND 1 butternut-there was extra squash so some may have got an extra one of there two and others received a delicata (aka pumpkin) squash. You can even eat the skin of the delicata.