So since our first post about the business and our garden, I know all of you have been wanting to know how things are going with our vegetable garden.
Our plants are now mostly in the garden in our back yard. We have learned a lot along the way and our goal is to have one plant produce this year. We are setting our goals low so that if there is more we are blown away with how great we are at gardening.
In our garden we have:
- spaghetti squash (We started plants to early so they died. We then planted some seeds again inside to transplant and have also planted some seeds in the garden)
- carrots (The first seeds we planted were likely washed away because the day after we planted there was an INSANE downpour!)
- beets (These are starting to sprout.)
- yellow and red bell peppers (We started these from seeds inside around mid March. Next year we will likely start them in January and transplant them to large pots/glasses earlier.)
- chilli peppers (Same as the bell peppers)
- a few varieties of tomatoes (We have some that we started from seeds that are growing but the majority of what we started did not make it. We bought a few plants to get us through the summer.)
- cucumbers (We got two plants from my dad and planted seeds as well. All are doing well.
- Zucchini (My dad also gave us a few of his zucchini plants and we started others from seeds.)
This is our garden! We are very excited about it and can’t wait to see what comes from it later this summer! We love going out every day (sometimes a few times a day) and seeing the difference in the plants and seeing new growth sprouting.
-Katie and Tom