Last summer we went blueberry picking for the first time as a family. We came home with 6 lbs of blueberries and no real plans for them. I immediately turned to google for wonderful ways to use them. I found a recipe for a blueberry cobbler and thought we would give it a try.
We have fallen in love with this recipe and have made many variations of it for breakfasts and desserts.
When we moved into our house two years ago we discovered that we had three rhubarb plants at the side of our house. For the past two summers we have been giving it away as we really didn’t know what to do with it. This past week we decided to use some of our rhubarb ourselves and make a strawberry rhubarb cobbler. It was amazing!!!! We made two, one for us and one for friends of ours. It got rave reviews from everyone!!
2.5 cups of fresh chopped strawberries
2.5 cups of fresh chopped rhubarb
3 tbs of liquid honey(you can use more if you want it sweeter)
1 1/4 cups almond flour
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup sliced almonds
2 tbs coconut oil
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbs liquid honey to top
1. Preheat oven to 180 Celsius or 350 Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium bowl combine berries and rhubarb and coat in honey. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl mix together by hand almond flour, shredded coconut, almonds, egg, coconut oil and cinnamon. You want to mix it until its well combined and crumbley.
4. Place the berries and rhubarb in a pie plate. Crumble the topping on top making sure it is evenly spread.
5. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and drizzle remaining honey on top and place back in oven for 10-15 minutes. As always with baking, keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t burn. When it begins to turn golden it is done.
6. Allow to cool for about 5 mins before eating.
Enjoy!! We use this topping with many ‘bottoms.’ We will post more in coming months.